DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY OR GO TO THE HOSPITAL IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE CORONAVIRUS. PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDANCE BELOW:
NHS 111 has an online Coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help. Use this service if you think you have coronavirus and feel your health is significantly deteriorating; please do not telephone NHS 111 if you think you have coronavirus but are managing the symptoms effectively. Click here to access this service.
Comprehensive Coronavirus advice is available here.
In order to protect our staff and patients, and to enable a GP service to continue if our staff become affected by COVID-19, the practice is putting the following into immediate effect and we ask for your cooperation in implementing them:
- GP Appointments will only be available for those with an URGENT medical need. At this stage please do not contact the surgery unless you are significantly ill.
- GP Appointments will only be available for booking on the day; patients will no longer be able to book appointments in advance.
- Routine review appointments for long-term conditions such as Diabetes, Asthma, Coronary Heart Disease, etc. will be postponed. Some review appointments may continue if they are judged clinically necessary.
- Routine Cervical Screening will be postponed. Clinical judgement will be used on a case by case basis for non-routine Screening.
- Wound care, including ulcer dressings will continue.
- Baby Vaccinations will continue.
- Six week baby and mother check-ups will continue by mutual agreement of the practice and the parents.
We will regularly review this policy and keep this news item up to date with any changes.
For self-care advice please visit the NHS Choices Website.
Need help from an NHS Volunteer Responder?
If you are currently not supported and need some help with shopping, a prescription collection or a friendly chat then the NHS Responders are ready to help. Click here for more information or telephone 0808 196 3646.