Our Responsibility to You
- All patients will be treated with respect, kindness and dignity, irrespective of ethnic origin, religion, cultural beliefs, sex or age.
- We are committed to providing the best possible medical care for you.
- Doctors and all Health Professionals will begin their surgeries at the specified time unless a medical emergency prevents this.
- You will be advised of treatment options and kept informed about your heath and likely outcome of your illness.
- You will have access to your own medical records
- We will offer Healthy Living advice.
- To provide information about services available.
- You will receive urgent medical attention when required.
- We will welcome any suggestions you may have to improve the level of service offered to you.
- Complaints will be dealt with under the NHS Complaints Procedure.
- We offer the facility of a chaperone for intimate examinations.
Your Responsibility to Us
- We expect you to be courteous to the Doctors, all Health Professionals and staff at all times.
- We expect you to attend for your appointment at the time given and give us adequate notice should you need to cancel.
- Appointments to be made for one person only.
- We expect you to come to the surgery unless you are too ill to attend. A home visit will be arranged with a Doctor and any request for a home visit should be made by 10.00 am.
- Help yourself by maintaining a healthy lifestyle.